Saturday 11 July 2009

The British Cinema

Who knew that the cinema here could be so different from the ones in the states. Firstly its the cinema not the theatre, the theatre is where you go to see live performances, etc.. The cinema is where you see a film. Anyway, to the point.....
Your assigned a seat, yes assigned seating at the cinema. I found it very amusing as there room was huge and there was loads of seating and the 30 of us in to watch the film are all bunched up together in the back of the room. I mean what the heck people! I like to sit in the centre of the row in the middle area for optimal viewing. But anyway :P Second difference, there is an usher that takes you to your seat. I'm guessing this is so no one sits in a seat other than their assigned one. Montserrat and I were laughing because I was sitting in her seat and she in mine according to our tickets. Had we been found out, we probably would have been chucked out of the cinema and life long ban given for sure :P
Also noticed there is a kiosk in the screen room. So I guess if a patron had any questions they could attempt to get out of their seat past the half a dozen people and walk down the stairs to ask their question. Hahaha :D
The popcorn while it was sold as "warm popcorn" was cold and was unlike any popcorn I've had at the cinema before. I miss the buttery salty popcorn of the states. You know; the kind you know is bad for you because it has all the salt and butter on it, but as the cinema is so expensive you only go a few times a year so its alright.
Overall I found the experience amusing.

1 comment:

Naomi said...

Hahahaha. You can get up and move around if its pretty empty.