Sunday 28 August 2011

So who's right? The Brits or the Yanks?

So I've been to a couple of doctors, had a few A&E visits and they have all said nothing like what the British doctors have said. So who do I believe?
Okay so here is the thing that confuses me.......
The British doctors have run the tests looked at the results I was nearing the end of all this medical nonsense and well on my way to getting back to a normal life.
The American doctors haven't looked at any of the test results, haven't read any of my medical charts from Britain which I brought with me by the way and gave to them. They don't want to run tests which in a way I'm grateful for because these tests don't come cheap. But there reasoning for not performing the tests is my lack of insurance (in other words they are worried I won't give them their thousands of £s that they want to do and read the tests). I mean I paid £156 for a test I haven't even had yet and that was for the reading of the test. I'm not having it done by the way and I need to get my money back.
It all boils down to this: British doctors say its positively physical and I need meds to keep things under control. American doctors, well they ask me why I'm having seizures and headaches etc. and say I can just get on with life and wean myself off the meds. So who do I believe?
Its not that I want to be sick trust me I have hated this from day 1. It draws attention to me which I don't like, I limits my ability to get a job. It came between my and my soulmate. So...... what do I do?
For me I guess its believe the American doctors. There method is far far cheaper. Just go back to a normal life and get off the meds. So I've applied for a couple of jobs and next up is convincing my mum to let me drive. The last doctor said there was no reason why I couldn't have a completely normal life and work and drive, etc.
So bring it on. Back to normal here I come.

No comments: