Monday 8 December 2008

All Nighter Numero 2!!

So I survived the second all nighter of the term, only have one more I think then I'm golden until the following term. This one went much better than the last, I'm unsure whether this is because this one was less stress or what but its over and done with and I'm glad. Jenn and I tried a new plan this time rather than staying in our rooms and working solo (and constantly tempted by the internet) we relocated to the kitchen. We both wrote over 25 pages in less than 24 hours. The other flatmates came and went through out the night, Except Rob, haven't seen him in at least a week, I hear from Jenn though he is still alive as he checks in with her. Tom came into the kitchen around 5 am to make dinner, and yes it was pasta haha. But seriously 5 am for dinner? Yea dude, more like breakfast.
Raphaelle came in this morning, wow I had no idea that girl got up so early. I mean I hear her when she leaves her room but I've never looked at the clock to see what time it is. Its early, way earlier than I ever get up at least of my own accord. I'm not sure but I think she thought that we had gotten up early to work on our essays. We explained to her that we hadn't even go to bed yet. Haha. Oh pg life. Love it or hate it. Personally I'm loving it right now, its a trip and there are times I want to scream but its okay.
For this deadline we were given a choice of assignments (I know right!) The stands 2000 word essay or we could take what we had been learning all term and put it into practice (ie, participant observation plus and interview or pilot a questionaire). A bunch of us decided it would be less work to do the assignment as opposed to the essay. Wow were we wrong, really really wrong. When I handed mine in it was 35 pages (granted 20+ pages were the appendices but still that's a lot of typing my fingers had to do last night). Final word count was 10,950 that's over half of how long my dissertation is supposed to be. Jenn and I figure this means we can write our dissertations in 2 days. So we're good. Haha no but seriously it was a good thing Jenn and I spent the night working in the kitchen. Last time I had numerous breakdowns lots of deleting and more stress than I care to experience again. While this assignment had stresses of its own (for example coding an interview and participant observation). For the most part it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Only problem is I fear what I've written may be absolute rubbish. My only hope is that the markers go easy and give me a passing grade. If not, guess what I'm doing over Christmas break.
Well I think that's the update on whats what for now. I should be exhausted and trust me "I look like sick" (haha, that was a phrase Jose used once, told Jenn she looked like sick, she had to explain to him that he was saying she looked like vomit. Oh Jose, how I love your grasp of the English language-really I do, its cute) but I'm wide awake right now. So I think I'm going to work on my readings for lecture this afternoon. Oh and if this blog really makes no sense sorry, but just remember I've been awake since around 10 am yesterday, so.... :-P
Later days

No comments: