Friday 5 December 2008

Visa Update

I've turned in the last bit of paperwork the student centre needs to send off my visa renewal application again. Yes again, don't ask, please. Now I have to wait patiently for my appointment in Croydon so I can go there and do all the biometric scans that they require now. Yea because that's what I want to be trying to schedule in the last two weeks of the term. Sheesh.
I spent 2 hours on Wednesday with one of the advisers going over the application, we tried to cover all the bases. I wrote a letter explaining last years circumstances, I included bank statements, loan agreements, everything I could possibly think of. The only thing I can do now is wait.
This has been so much stress and of course since I'm having to resubmit everything again this means I am not going home for Christmas. No passport equally stuck in England. I suppose it could be worse, I just hope I get my visa renewed. I've been having nightmares that I am rejected once again and have to return home. Everyone keep your fingers, toes, and whatever else crossed.

1 comment:

Auntie T said...

Hey Carli, Look on the bright side,Christmas in ENGLAND! All things Dickens, yule logs, real wassail,etc. Take pix and send them along, window shopping so we get to see England at Christmas. take in a church service, maybe even a catholic or church of England mass,(very elaborate) go caroling, just do things youprobably wouldn't do at home. Remember that we love and miss you, but take the awesome experience presented to you. love you loads,Trena(Auntie T)