Monday 15 December 2008

Film Progress

I've been working on this short film for weeks now, actually its almost a month I think. Who would have thought 10 minutes of film could be so much work. Well I do know how much work a film takes as this is my third one. I have never had so much trouble making a film though. In the past it has come together quite quickly. This one seems to elude me, I've spent many a sleepless night stressing over the progress. Critiquing each and every scene, wondering how to make it better. Right now I have a general framework, but it needs a lot of help. Nothing is smooth, there is no flow. Its just a mess. I finally let Ruth and Shenah two of my classmates see it. I've not let anyone watch it so far other than the lecturer. Each time she looks at it I brace myself for the worst. I fear how critical she's going to be on grading. She's looked at my film and various stages, critiques and criticizes then I start over. I need to make a film that lives up to her standard, something I have been unable to do so far. I worry about what she's going to say when she sees the latest version. There are still a lot of flaws in it, poor sound, weak story, its just doesn't flow right.
I'm definitely going to be living in the visual anthropology room for the next few days. I have to get this film perfect and ready to turn in by Wednesday. I'm not sure if it can be done but I'm going to do my best. If anyone wants to have a go at editing my film for me. Please feel free, it can only get better.

No comments: