Thursday 25 December 2008

Merry Christmas






Had an excellent Christmas. Mum brought a small tree that we decorated and put in the corner, also got some garland and strung it across the bookshelves above so the place looks a bit more cheery. Christmas eve we went into town to the cathedral and went to the Christmas service. It was amazing, hearing the carols sung in the cathedral, the sound was just indescribable. It was definitely by far one of the coolest things I have done here so far. Mum and I came home and decided to see if we could find any Christmas movies to watch, I was able to find Its a Wonderful Life online so we watched that. Made it feel more like Christmas.
Today Mum and I got up and opened presents, then started making Christmas dinner. We had chicken (turkey was way to expensive), potatoes, stuffing, cranberry salad, pistachio salad, the typical dinner. We invited my flatmate Nora and my friend Shenah to take part in the feast. It was nice having others to share the meal with. We talked and laughed, it was nice. I really miss home, especially my family right now. I love being here in England, going to school, seeing new things, etc.. but I miss my grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins and friends. Mum is only here for a few more days then I'm on my own again. I think this will be the most difficult goodbye as I won't see her again for quite sometime. The week has gone by to quicky I feel as if she just got here and she's already getting ready to go home. This has a been a holiday of old and new traditions. New friends and family, I'm truly blessed. Merry Christmas!

No comments: