Saturday 29 November 2008

The Pain of Being the Other

Okay so as most people know I had to renew my visa this year. Well due to lots of complications I will not be able to go home for the Christmas break. You have no idea how heart broken I am about this. It sucks that my mum has the money to fly me home but I can't leave the country because I don't have my passport. What a headache....
I have always gone home for Christmas no matter where I was. I was really looking forward to going home and seeing all my family and friends. Sleeping in a normal bed, driving on the correct side of the road, etc... Essentially being surrounded by all the comforts of home. Not that I'm not enjoying my time here in England. I love it here, I have some great friends and entertaining flatmates. Its just that I wanted to go home and see my loved ones. I think I'm the only one in my flat that is staying over the holiday break. Nearly all my friends as going home as well so it will be just me. I do know of one other that is staying here in England over the break so atleast I will have one person to talk to.
The next break isn't until April so I guess my plan will be to go home over that break. I'm really worried about getting my visa renewed as the British government has just started an entirely new scheme. I hope and pray that I will get my renewal and that all will go smoothly. Only thing I can do is make sure all my i's are dotted and t's are crossed.

No comments: