Thursday 20 November 2008

Slowly grinds the wheel of time

This week has seemed to go on forever, honestly it feels like it should be Sunday not Thursday. I got my essay back on Monday and spent about 2 hours near tears thinking I had failed and trying desperately not to have a nervous breakdown. A friend of mine finally explained to me that the mark I got was actually a good one and not a failing grade as I thought it was. I don't understand the British grading system, not sure if I ever will. As long as I pass everything and come out with an MA I think I'll be happy.
The visual anthro class was quite frustrating yesterday. We had technical difficulties with the computers and we are all at different learning levels (some have never seen final cut while others have been using it for years). So it was a bit like a circus there for a while, I'm just glad no clowns showed up as then I would have had to leave, haha. By the end of the afternoon I was more than ready to get out of that room and find something more relaxing to do. So I went to a friends house and then we went with her housemate to Keynes to watch a football match (proper not American). I found it amusing that the anthropologists in us took over and we started watching the crowds of people there more than the match itself. A friend of mine even decided to do her participant observation for our module. She took notes and everthing, very professional, haha. She asked the people around her questions about who they thought were going to win, what they thought of the match and the atmosphere, etc....
Today is thursday and I have no lectures, its nice to have a free day. I need to spend most of today working in the library doing research for my next essay. I have to do better on this essay than I did on the last even if it kills me. Well places to go people, books to read.
Later Days....

No comments: