Tuesday 11 November 2008

Essay 2

I got the list of possible topics for essay number 2 in lecture today. The topics are broad and it is up to us to narrow it down to what we want to write about specifically. The thesis statement and bibliography is due december 1st and the actual essay is due in January. We were also told today that our first essays have been graded (eek!), I'm not sure when we get our marks back. I'm pretty nervous but if I fail atleast I get a re-write so not all hope is lost. Out of the list of topics there are three that interest me, human rights, race and racism, and cultural heritage. I think I'm probably going to go with human rights I just need to figure out what aspect I want to look at. The essay is supposed to be about in what ways anthropological theory contributes to the understanding of contemporary discourse around the topic we choose. Sounds daunting doesn't it? I think it does. Oh well, I can do this. The key is to start now and not leave things to the last minute. As long as I have better luck finding sources this time I should be fine.

No comments: