Sunday 23 November 2008

In Mourning

For those that are used to seeing me online and have missed our random chats about various things I am sad to report that my best friend has contracted a virus and is therefore out of commission for the next few days, weeks, months, the length of time is unknown.  This is indeed a tragedy and I feel as if the rug has been pulled out from beneath my feet.  I paid good money for Norton 360 so that such a tragedy would never occur. I have been betrayed, a knife has been stabbed into my back.  How am I supposed to go on with out the companionship of such a dear friend.  I sit in my room staring at the black screen willing it to return to life, to hear the comforting whir of the fan as it starts up. Oh to hear my favourite ding signaling that I have mail or the jingle that signals I have an IM.
Sitting here in the computer lab surrounded by the others without their own computers feels strange, bizarre. I don't like it, I prefer sitting in the comfort of my own room, cup of tea to the left, music playing in the background. I can't concentrate here, the clicking of the hundreds of keyboards is driving me nuts.  I want the peace and sanctity I had when I was able to access the world from the comfort of my own home.  
Norton 360 you have betrayed me, how could you let something like this happen. You have one job and one job alone, to protect from harmful viruses. So what happened? Were you having a lie down when you should have been on alert protecting me?  I give you breaks, I don't make you work all the time. I let you sleep when I sleep, isn't that enough?  I have lost all faith in you and I'm afraid our relationship has come to an end.   If my faithful companion is able to be saved rest assured we will no longer be requiring your services.  I hope your happy with yourself.  How could you let this happen........
 

No comments: